I suggest you ...

additional file types

would like to be able to add static images, whether stored on this site or linked from somewhere else as is done now

would like to be able to link to audio files. not everything is available on youtube or vimeo

would like to be able to link to pdf or other text files. some things need to be read.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    tjonestjones shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  vi.sions.tvAdminvi.sions.tv (product manager, vi.sions) responded  · 

Thank you for you request for supporting additional file types.

Can you give us a bit of an insight into a possible situation that you might want be able to use these additional files types? Would you like to add these files as attachments to videos in more of a supporting role? Or as more of a multimedia presentation like a powerpoint presentation? Thanks for the effort we really appreciate it!

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • tjonestjones commented  · 

the latter situation is the one i had in mind. examples are include any case where you are actually presenting a lesson of some sort. not everything is or can be presented in a video.

example #1 - an online class about the Illiad and Odyssey; reading the actual works is essential to the class, and since the videos would cover specific concepts, character or scenes, the student would need to read that particular section of the work prior to lecture or other video, and have it available for notes, etc.

example #2 - a presentation to teach the unitiated American about cricket or the unitiated Brit about baseball. I need to show examples of the umpire's hand gestures when they make a call. I don't want them to just whiz by, it seems stupid to make umpteen short videos just to display a single jpg or gif, and I want to give the student a cheat-sheet to print out, if desired.

while the drag-drop and full screen outline is an easy way to put videos (and potentially other matierals) together, right now it seems that most presentations would be better done with a simple web page using embedded videos and standard html text and image embeds.

hope this doesn't come across as negative. it's not meant to be. it seems a nice way to put together training. but there needs to be a way to add text, photos and possible links to audio when material (e.g., pronunciation guides, political speeches, famous radio broadcasts, music clips, etc.) in order to make multi-media lesson plans.

(I know. Easy for me to say, right? ;-)

thanks for your time and interest

Feedback and Knowledge Base