I suggest you ...

Stop using the phrase 'curated television'

It makes no sense sorry guys - I am a native English speaker, I'm 34 and I have worked in mass media (radio and print) for over 12 years and I have never heard this expression. It immediately confuses, and even as someone who writes about startups and is into startup world, I have no idea what curated television means and it puts me off caring about knowing more. The whole blurb on your page is clunky, and cryptic and is a turn off. I think I would like what you are doing as I despise mass media news but I don't know! :)

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ChrisChris shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BojkowskiBojkowski commented  · 

Hey there. I have to disagree. I really like the term. It sums up a lot of what is going on with the YouTube Creator Academy, Vimeo-on-demand even stuff like 'binge watching' on Netflix etc. I interpreted as meaning television controlled by the viewer, an exciting idea that it's good to see being tackled head on.

• vi.sions.tvAdminvi.sions.tv (product manager, vi.sions) commented  · 

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your honest and constructive feedback. We agree that our copy and wording need to evolve.

The reason we are using the phrase 'curated television'. Is because we are trying to marry the experience of the seamless video sequences (tv). With the richness of content and ability to curate (the web). But maybe we are approaching this from the wrong angle?
        This might also be a result of being in BETA. We are still filling in a lot of gaps and figuring out what the next steps to take are. By keeping it a bit vague this gives us some wiggle room :)

Despite our poor wording we would like to invite you to download and experience the beta application (windows/macosx/linux). We would love to hear how you experience vi.sions.tv.
        By ignoring our existing wording and looking objectively at the product and experience. You could help us shape our messaging.

We take all feedback we get very seriously and is food for thought for the next iterations of the product.

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan Looman

Feedback and Knowledge Base